中英对白
Fine, sir, fine.
还好,先生,还好。
Please sit down and make yourself at home.
请坐,象在自己家一样。
We'll have to go soon.
我们待会儿就走。
Why are you so uncomfortable with your parents?
为什么和父母在一起你就不舒服呢?
Why did you want to leave at once? I didn't like how they treated you.
为什么马上就要走? 我不喜欢看那样对待你。
What is it your parents are in?
你父母是干什么呢?
What Is It your people are in? my father bakes cookies.
你父母是从事什么职业的呢? 我父亲是烤面包的。
What's the name of the firm? Phil's Bake Shop.
店名叫什么呢? 菲尔面包店。
of Cranston, Rhode lsland. how interesting...
在 罗德岛,克兰斯顿。 有意思...
so your people are from Cranston? Mostly. my mother Is from Fall River.
那你的家人也都是克兰斯顿人? 大部分。我母亲是大落河人。
the Barretts have mills in Fall River. Where They exploited the poor.
巴拉特家族在大落河有些工厂。 在那儿剥削穷人。
In the 1 9th century.
那是在19世纪。
When you inherit, you can give all our money back.
等到你继承的时候, 你可以把我们的钱都捐赠回去。
That's what the philosopher SaintSimon advocated.
那是哲学家山德-西蒙鼓吹的。
In the 1 8th century.
那是18世纪。
It's late. Aren't you staying for dinner?
有点晚了。 你们不留下来吃晚餐吗?
Yes. No. I have to Get back.
好的。 不。我必须回去了。
You're staying for dinner and that's an order.
你们留下来吃晚饭,这是命令。
Everything is an order, a directive, a command.
什么事都是一个命令,一个指令,一个要求。
Where is your sense of humour?
你的幽默感哪去了?
In school, he used to send me memos.
在学校里,他常给我写便签。
Memos! Don't you find that odd?
便签啊!你不觉得古怪吗?