中英对白
We have many entering students in far worse straits than you.
我们还有很多要进来的学生 比你情况糟的多。
What's worse than destitution? I'm getting married next month.
还有什么比穷困更糟的呢? 我下个月就要结婚了。
We'll work all summer, and then Jenny will teach in a private school.
我们整个夏天会去找工作,而且珍妮会到 一个私立学校教书。
That's a living, but not tuition. Your tuition is pretty steep.
那只是生活费,还不是学费。 你们的学费实在是太高了。
Yes.
是的。
I need a scholarship. I have already been accepted.
我需要一份奖学金。 我等着它急用呢。
I don't have any money. You have a millionaire father.
我已经没有钱了。 你有个有钱的父亲。
Had, Why should I be penalised just because I was related to a rich man?
曾经有,为什么我就该受惩罚, 就因为我和个富人有关系?
Mr Barrett, I don't think that this office should enter into a family quarrel.
巴拉特先生,我可不想把办公室变成 争吵家事的地方
a rather distressing one, at that. I see. Thank you.
是很令人头疼的事,就这样吧。 我明白了。谢谢。
Perhaps at midyear's.
可能学年中期吧。
Thank you. You've been very generous with your time.
谢谢你。你真是慷慨大量。
We just passed my junior high school. I can't believe he liked my poverty.
我们刚才过了我读过的高中学校。 我不相信他会喜欢我这个穷光蛋。
He did! Now you've got something in common.
他喜欢!现在你做回你自己就行了。
God, when I first told him Oliver Barrett...
天哪,当我第一次和他谈到 奥利佛 巴拉特的时候...
Yeah? He couldn't believe it.
怎样? 他不敢相信是真的。
He reminded me of the Eleventh Commandment.
他给我提了11条规定。
Eleventh? Do not bullshit thy father.
11条? “不要骂父亲。
Any other commandments I should know?
还有其他我应该知道的规则吗?
Yeah. Stay loose.
有,“放松点。
so Is he for it? does he approve? What Do you think?
他怎么看这事?他同意吗? 你认为呢?
I won't allow it, do you get me? You're tilting at windmills, Phil.