中英对白
I fail to see how marrying a brilliant Radcliffe girl constitutes rebellion.
我看不出来娶个有才气的瑞德克里夫女孩 能叫做叛逆。
She's not some crazy hippie.
她不是那种狂热的嘻皮士。
She's not many things.
她什么都不是。
What irks you most, that she's Catholic or poor?
她哪点让你担心呢, 她是个天主教徒或者很穷?
What attracts you most? I'm leaving.
那她哪点又吸引你呢? 我走了。
Don't go off halfcocked. I would only ask that you wait a bit.
不要半途而废。 我只是叫你等一阵子。
Define bit.
定义一下“一阵子”。
Finish Law School. If it's real, it'll stand the test of time.
完成法学院的学业后。 如果是真的,那还要有个检验期。
It is real, but why should I put it through a test?
是真的, 但是凭什么要有个检验期?
I'm asking you. You're commanding me!
因为我在请求你。 你在命令我!
If you marry her now, I'll not give you the time of day.
如果你现在就和她结婚, 今后我不会给你任何东西。
Father, you don't know the time of day!
父亲,你根本就不懂!
We're looking forward to having you with us.
很高兴明年就能看见 你和我们在一起了。
Me too, Dean Thompson.
我也是,汤普森院长。
Something has come up. a change of heart?
发生了一些事。 改主意了?
No, I'm still set on Law School, but...
不是,我还是会上法学院,但是...
I'm going to need a scholarship.
我需要奖学金。
Really? That's why I'm here.
是吗? 这就是我来这儿的原因。
That's rather curious, considering your background.
从你的家境看,真还令人惊奇。
I'm not his son anymore. I beg your pardon?
我不再是他儿子了。 什么?
We have had a misunderstanding. It's a parting of the ways.
我们有点误会。 有些事情看法不一样。
This is very unfortunate, Mr Barrett. I'm not exactly jumping for joy.
真不走运,巴拉特先生。 我可不是一时性起。